Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Thumb-twiddlin', or not

All's well that end's well, as the bard says. After yesterday's 'wrinkles', I wasn't sure whether I was going to be able to successfully complete all my administrative tasks this week, but thanks to the help of the Wrigley staff and the USC administrative staff, I have now completed as much as I can until my information is processed by the bureaucracy and I am assigned an employee ID. This leaves me with time on my hands.

Or at least I thought it did. I decided to stop by and visit with a few faculty members on my way in this morning, and this has yielded no less than three scheduled appointments today. One is just a noon seminar, but the other two are about potential future projects. I have to admit it's gratifying to find that people are interested in my skills, but I'm also a little overwhelmed and wary of getting involved in too many projects too quickly.

No comments: