Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Facebook

As some of you know, I've discovered Facebook. My friend Ann calls it "daycare for grown-ups", and I can really see the comparison. I can see how it could be very addictive (I'm resisting as best I can), and it's fascinating to find all these people you never thought you'd see again and see what they're up to. I find myself feeling competitive with Sweetie over how many friends we've got, although she's kicking my butt - I think she has twice as many friends as me.

On a feeling old note, last week I was over town, showing my face around campus so they know I'm still alive, and one evening I saw an ad on the TV machine that started off "Attention! If you were born between the years 1969 and 1947, you're eligible for this program!" And it had to do with life insurance or something, and all I could think was "1969? That's younger than me! I'm so old I have to worry about dying now?" It was quite a shock to the system. Fortunately, USC has good benefits, so I've already got good life insurance, or I might have done something drastic (like buy life insurance off a TV commercial).

Speaking of life, Sweetie is feeling much better now. Energy levels are back, she's back in control of her life, it's all good. We've been able to go on a hike with the boys, attend parties, it's like Life is back. Very nice.

1 comment:

NN said...

I feel certain that you have more Facebook friends than I have! Of course, I've inherited Dad's paranoia...