Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vacation Day 11 - Return of the Typhoon

Today, in part to make up for the day before, we let Calvin choose where we were going to go, and, of course, he wanted to go back to the water park. So it was off to Typhoon Lagoon again.

We started the day in the Wave Pool, which we hadn't done at all Monday. Hobbes and I went out a little deeper than Calvin and Sweetie. The waves were fun, but it was so crowded that I found myself checking upstream and downstream before they hit so I could see who was going to smash into me and into who I would smash. I almost lost my sunglasses twice. Every half-hour or so the mode of the pool changes from waves to swells (or vice-versa) So we played in the swells a bit, and then decided to move on.



At this point, vacation seemed to catch up with Sweetie and she said she was feeling very tired and a little unwell, so she went off to nap in a chair in the shade, while we boys roamed the park.

We went back to the Storm Slides and went down many, many times, and then went back over to the Mayday, Gangplank and Keelhaul Falls. All very wet, splashy fun. It was interesting looking at the other patrons now that it was later in the week: there were more people there, and the sunburns were much worse than on Monday.

Being back on the correct side of the park, we checked in on Sweetie (feeling better after her nap, but not up to speed yet). The Things got caught up in playing in the Ketchakiddee Creek splash park area (which they thought they were too old for the other day), so we hung out there for a while.



With Sweetie still staying behind, we went back down to the slides because Hobbes wanted to go down the Humunga Cowabunga again. I asked him if he could go by himself, since I didn't want to leave Calvin alone, and he was fine with that, so off he went while Calvin and I went down the Storm Slides. At the top, we saw him getting ready to go down. I shouted, but Hobbes didn't hear me. After that, Hobbes wanted me to go with him, so (being a very trusting parent) I told Calvin to wait at the bottom of the HC for us (which he did, very nicely). Boy that slide is quite a rush. I enjoyed my second slide much more than the first time on Monday. And I got less of a water wedgie.

Sweetie rejoined us. We went down to do the Crush'n'Gusher a few times, hit the wave pool again, and then large black clouds rolled in, and there was some thunder. The lifeguards blew their whistles and cleared all the attractions. It looked like it might blow over, but it was getting late in the day, so we decided to go back to the house...and swim in the pool.



After dinner, one of the cousin's came into the house saying "Hey come look at this!" So we went outside and found a big rhinoceros beetle! That was pretty cool. (And gives us our only pictures from today.)

This was our last day of activities for vacation, although there's still another day left. I think we've done enough and are tired enough to take a day off.

Today's (short) Scorecard:








RideMeSweetieHobbesCalvin
Typhoon Lagoon Surf PoolBC+A+A+
Ketchakiddee CreekCn/aCC+

No comments: