Thursday, April 19, 2007

Pessimism

Today pessimism is setting in about our ability to get the house ready to sell by the end of the month. I've been totally defeated by the installation of the new disposal. The new sink is deeper and the new disposal mounts lower than the old, which means the drain pipe emerges from the wall too high to make the connection and drain properly. After 3 days of battle, I must concede defeat and call a plumber. This not only adds to our expenses, but also is yet another job to be scheduled, rather than completed.

Sweetie has started painting the vanity in the boys bathroom, but we still have not got anything arranged for the kitchen floor or the master bathroom countertop, and we still have to declutter the house, and hire a lawn service. (My mower is kaput, and I'm not going to buy a new one at this point.)

I'm also trying to sell some stuff on Ebay - Little People and Thomas toys and some old SLR cameras and lenses. It's very slow putting together the listings. So I've been getting punchy and my descriptions are getting sillier. Maybe it will help get people interested in the listing, although I'm pessimistic about selling anything.

Now that I've accepted, I need to arrange a trip out to CA to fill out paperwork and sign up for benefits, etc and also pick out housing. Another thing on my to-do list that keeps getting sidelined. Must do that tomorrow! To much to do...

No comments: