Friday, April 20, 2007

Rounding the corner

Today, I'm encouraged by the little things - nice weather, people watching (but not bidding on) my Ebay lots, the boys getting dressed by themselves.

Work is winding down. [Incidentally, today was Claire's last day at the Institute. As she was leaving the building, "Take This Job and Shove It" started playing over the intercom.] I met with my replacement today to start handing over spreadsheets and responsibilities. I'm trying to wind down the projects I have going. I've asked some of my people if there's anything they think I should try to complete before going. It's particularly odd because many of my closest colleagues have already left the Institute, and others are planning to leave, so it's a very weird vibe there right now. And while I recognize that, I'm also at the point where it doesn't affect me directly since I'm leaving, so I'm dissociated from it.

It looks like we'll finally have nice sunny warm weather for a weekend, so we'll try to get lots done with the cabinet painting. Sweetie is working very hard to get the upstairs completely done. I have scheduled a plumber to fix the disposal problem on Monday. I'm waffling on ending today's entry with "There is hope!" and "Tick tock, tick tock." Entirely different sentiments.

No comments: